The student will be responsible for spelling the word, knowing its definition, and filling in a sentence with the word.
We have reviewed the process in class, the test will be Friday, May 14th.
The words and their definitions are:
- advantage - something that puts someone in a better position.
- ambition - a strong desire for importance or success
- defiant - showing strong resistance; willing to challenge or confront
- fearsome - frightening or alarming
- imply - to suggest something without saying it directly
- merit - a quality that deserves praise / to be worthy of deserve
- negotiate - to discuss in order to arrive at an agreement
- purify - to make clean and free of dirt or pollutants
- revoke - to cancel by withdrawing or reversing
- wretched very unhappy or unfortunate, miserable, very poor in quality